Sunday, January 24, 2010

European University of Barcelona

This year I am 12th grade and it came time to pick my universities. From 8th grade on I was hearing all different kinds of places students went. I did not take it seriously until I was 11th grade and friends in the upper class were going to leave Bulgaria and study abroad. Most of them applied to the UK, a trend that has been born two or three years ago. Now that I am in their place I had to choose where I wanted to study. I applied to UK, but I am still not sure if that is what I want. Talking with people from previous classes of my school and have told me that Spain is the place to go studying. First the weather is very hot and it is like that until November. Barcelona is full of beaches and people all year long. When I was in Spain this year for the summer I realized what they were talking about. People there are calm and balanced; they have dinner at 10 or 11 p.m. and then continue in some bar or club at like 2 or 3 a.m. They have an amazing nightlife that I am unable to explain it. One has to see it in order to understand what I am talking about.
But it is not only for the partying and the sun that I choose Barcelona as my primary destination. The University of Barcelona has a great reputation and I am sure that I can get easily in there. It is a very good institution, which I learned from a few friends, which have spent one or two years there. They say that the place is very organized and learning is very easy. I am now preparing my application for this university and I cannot wait to apply and receive n answer. I hope that everything is ok and they accept me fast so that I can decide where I want to study.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope you are admitted. I have also applied to a university. I applied to Eastern Kentucky University and Western Kentucky University. I think it is really cool that you have the opportunity to study outside of your country. In the United States most students do not leave the country to study abroad. Since you plan on going to Spain, do you know Spanish?

    ReplyDelete